Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FB!!

I’m going to skip slightly ahead (I promise I’ll finish the other Learning 2.0 exercises very, very soon!) and blog about my experiences with good old Facebook, because this is one of the Discoveries that I use ALL THE TIME!

I was introduced to social networking through MySpace but quickly grew sick of that when I joined Facebook. Initially I only got a Facebook account because my mates in America and Canada were using it, but soon virtually everyone I knew had a profile! It’s such a great way to keep in touch with all my friends and family, and also to meet new people too. Through Facebook, we organise parties and get-togethers, holidays and meetings, and swap all our photos!

Before Learning 2.0, I didn’t have any library-related groups or applications, although in my defense most of the groups I have joined are to do with Harry Potter! I have now joined Books iRead which is an awesome application and I’ve looked at all my other friends Books iRead profiles too to suss out some good new novels. When I have a bit more time I’ll look in to some library-related groups and some other applications too. But right now, it’s almost home time so will get back to Learning 2.0 later

No comments:

Post a Comment