Sunday, September 27, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy Tragedy - for a Filipino on a ridiculously bright sunny day

As Ondoy poured out his wrath on our archipelago, people from all persuasions and class, total strangers, neighbors who were previously nodding acquaintances, businessmen from big corporations to the lowly sari-sari store are generously lending a helping hand to the less fortunate victims of Ondoy, and as my every contact here on facebook are seeking volunteers to facilitate relief for our fellow countrymen who are starving or may be struggling for their lives, gasping a limited amount of air, waiting to be rescued, WE watch the toll rise up to 73 dead and almost 300,000 people severely affected by this tragedy. And as we offer prayers and whatever small help we can give to ease their loss, some people just don’t seem to care, and even, they feel good about what happened.

A former classmate, Ea Acaylar shared with me this snapshot of a comment from a certain JACQUE BERMEJO who posted a status update that undeniably spurred the rage of hundreds of facebook users.

I was dumbfounded the moment I read this, and unknowingly found myself trailing the profile of Ms. Bermejo, feeling so sure of what I am doing. I sent her a message. Here’s the look of the letter.

A bright sunny day to you!

Never in my life have I sent a letter like this but this time around, I can’t contain myself of what I am feeling towards you, Ms. Jacque Bermejo.

73 people died and 300,000 people were severely affected and still counting. I believe now is not the right time for anyone to accommodate any negative energies from SUCH IDIOTIC and BARBARIC thoughts from imbeciles, but I just want to get my message across.

You are obviously a lot older than me, MS. Bermejo, but I cannot seem to understand why such tragedy could ease you with so much relief, being aware of the fact that the people you are referring to is your people. For your info, Ms. Bermejo, I have 2 siblings and a brother-in-law in Dubai and I suppose no matter how nuclear your family may be, I know you know that Filipinos value their relatives, even if they are on the 5th or 6th degree of your lineage. And I wouldn’t doubt that a number of your personal contacts here on facebook are Filipinos as well, who may be in the Philippines right now or with you in Dubai who are dying of worry for the safety of their families here. If you do not have anyone to be worried about here, would you mind keeping your insensitive and rather useless remarks to yourself? People don’t need it, and they most damn definitely don’t deserve it.

Now I start to laugh at how we Filipinos deem you ÖFWs “the modern heroes of the Philippines” because honestly, seeing what you outrageously said about this tragedy, I am wishing you would never set foot on our land ever again, AND that you were never ever born a Filipino.

Good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment